The ultimate solution for removing plastic wallpaper
Hot water, white vinegar and baking soda are the key ingredients for removing plasticized wallpaper without damaging the wall. Here is the quick and effective method to achieve this.
- Use a wire brush to scratch the surface of the non-peel wallpaper.
- Mix hot water, white vinegar and baking soda.
- Apply this solution to the wallpaper using a paint roller.
- Leave it on for a few minutes.
- Scrape and peel off the wallpaper using a spatula.
This method will allow you to remove laminated wallpaper without damaging the wall, even if it is vinyl or waterproof wallpaper.
Tips for successfully removing plasticized wallpaper
Here are some tips for removing vinyl, plastic or waterproof wallpaper :
- Be patient and work in small areas to make takeoff easier.
- Do not hesitate to repeat the application of the solution if necessary to thoroughly soak the wallpaper.
- Use a wallpaper stripper.
By following these tips, you will be able to remove plastic or vinyl wallpaper, or even remove very thick wallpaper successfully and without damaging your walls.
How to Peel Vinyl Wallpaper Easily
Vinyl wallpaper is often used in damp rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens. Its waterproof nature makes it difficult to remove with hot water. To remove vinyl wallpaper, you must scrape it with a wire brush to reach the glue and facilitate its removal.
How to remove plastic wall covering
To remove plastic wall covering , it is important to follow these steps:
- Scratch the surface of the laminated wallpaper or vinyl wallpaper with a knife or wire brush to make it easier to peel off and dissolve the glue.
- Use a wallpaper stripper, available here , to apply hot water steam to the wallpaper, proceeding area by area.
- Allow time for the steam to soak into the wallpaper, then use a spatula to gently peel it off.
Tips for removing difficult or stubborn wallpaper
To remove difficult wallpaper, here are some additional tips:
- For very thick, plastic-coated or waterproof wallpaper, you can try using a solution of warm water, white vinegar and baking soda. Apply this solution to the wallpaper using a paint roller, then leave to act for a few minutes before scraping and peeling off the wallpaper using a spatula.
- To remove or peel off wallpaper, you can also use this solution, making sure to soak the wallpaper well to make it easier to remove the glue.
- To easily peel off wallpaper without damaging the wall, it is important to work in small areas and be patient. Do not hesitate to repeat the application of the solution if necessary to thoroughly soak the wallpaper.